Mental, Physical and Spiritual Health are important aspects of Avenue United Methodist Church. We carry this thought process not only with our congregation, but also the community.
The Health Ministry Program at Avenue United Methodist Church (AUMC) offers the following programs;
- In June and July classes alternating between chair and regular Yoga will be taught by Bonnie Russell on Mondays at 12:30–1:30PM at no cost to the community.
- On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings, from 9:00–9:30 AM we host Tai Chi with Henrietta Chilton and Rachel Susen, instructors. There is no cost to the community.
- On Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 5:30–6:30 PM we host Zumba classes at a low cost of $3 a class. However, for the month of August, Zumba classes will be provided at no cost.
- On August 17 we are sponsoring Zumba for the town of Milford, “Keep It Moving.”
- For the winter we are planning to offer the St. John Health walking program called “The Walk to Jerusalem by Easter.” This program “is an imaginary walk that encourages walkers to increase physical activity, spiritual growth, and cultural awareness through a virtual tour to Jerusalem.” Participants will not only track their steps but also learn about the different cultures of the areas we pretend to walk through.
The first meeting for participants will be in December with the program kick off January 1 and ending on Easter. Everyone is invited to join us. Other organizations are encouraged to join us. There is no cost to the community for this program.
Please contact Health Ministry at AUMC if you are interested in joining us in this educational and healthy program. You can email us at email@example.com or call 302-422-8111.