SCHC Strategic Goals
ACCOMPLISHED IN 12 MONTHS
4/15/2019 Sussex County Health Coalition.
- Community Plan Completed with Implementation Plan initiated
- Seaford Goes Purple/ Sussex Goes Purple / Kent Goes Purple Campaigns engaged and supported over 100 organizations.
- Website was developed and Facebook page became operational
- Campaign packets developed and disseminated to the community at large.
- Media Campaign Launched for Sussex County
- Developed Public Service Announcements—Launched on TV and Digital Media.
- National Speaker, Chris Herren, was brought to Sussex County to address the community at large and to present at two schools in the Seaford School District. 2,000 children
- were educated and over 600 community members attended the community event.
- 100% of our Delaware Legislators in the House and Senate signed on to the campaign and helped to promote it.
- Ten Seaford High School Ambassadors were trained on Botvin Life Skills to deliver education to Middle School students.
- Leveraged an additional $80,000 for messaging and curriculum for Middle School Prevention
- Pop Up Community Prevention events leveraged 10 pop up events through partners and schools reaching more than 1,000 people with messaging and prevention education.
- Developed a Family Support Educational Series and delivered it in the Georgetown area.
SCHC and the Seaford Drug Free Task Group created a Strategic Plan to include:
- Seaford Goes Purple—Awareness/Education
- Botvin Life Skills—Prevention Based Services
- Promotion of Help is Here and utilization of SCHC’s Behavioral Health Task Group in conjunction with the Seaford Drug Free Task Group to advocate and expand the reach of addiction treatment in Sussex County, specifically Seaford.
- Support Strategies—Expand capacity to support families dealing with addiction issues in their family.