The Sussex County Health Coalition exists to engage the entire community in collaborative family-focused effort to improve the health of children, youth and families in Sussex County.
We envision a community in which our citizens and institutions (public, private, and not-for-profit) are actively engaged in community health promotion as a shared community good, and working together to create a cultural and physical environment which supports healthy lifestyles for our children and their families.
Our Coalition will be viewed by our community as a respected source of knowledge and action for community health promotion, with an organizational culture that is inclusive, welcoming, respectful, trustworthy, non-partisan, listening, responsive, action-oriented, and accountable.
Our Coalition will employ ten core strategies to advance our mission and vision for Sussex County:
Monitor Community Health Status
- Raise community awareness of community health issues.
- Give voice to community concerns and ideas.
- Expand and publicize the knowledge base on community health promotion.
- Proactively engage people and organizations from all sectors (not-for-profit, public, private) in community health promotion.
- Facilitate development of child and family health promotion strategies.
- Develop and mobilize community resources for community health promotion.
- Build community capacity for policy and program development.
- Support collaborative efforts to improve community policies, programs, and practices.
- Evaluate and report on the impact of our actions.