Sussex County Health Coalition Grant Applications
Types of Grant Applications & Requirements
#MyReasonWhyDE Art Challenge
Take the challenge and design a tee-shirt or a poster of a world without substance abuse. Art Challenge contest was designed to involve children, from kindergarten through high school, in an effort to educate the nation’s youth on the dangers of substance abuse. The art contest is an activity that not only helps to ensure the health and wellbeing of all youth but also goes a long way toward maintaining a positive public perception of the community.
Entries are judged on the artist’s ability to create a submission of a tee-shirt or a poster with the contest theme. "#MyReasonWhyDE A world without Substance abuse". While the general purpose of the program is to promote being drug-free world.
Don't forget to include the #MyReasonWhyDE in all entries. Learn more about the challenge below..
RX Prevention Education Mini Grant
The Max allowance for this grant is up $1000.00. Grant amount will be determined by the size and scale of the event.
- Event must include Prescription Drug Prevention Messaging information for ages 12 to 25 years of age.
- Must be informative, educational, and or providing an alterative activity.
- Developmental Asset information should be utilized when appropriate and if your organization has not been trained a training and materials may be provided.
Sussex County Council Youth Prevention Education Mini Grant
Highmark Adult & Families Mini Grant
The Max allowance for this grant is up to $1000.00 Grant amount will be determined by the size and scale of the event
- Small scale community events.
- Special education and or trainings.
- Messaging around substance abuse, preventions, and or education.
- Anti stigma Campaign #MyreasonwhyDE/ A World Without Substance Use Support Grant. (School Age Youth only) up to $250.00
Group Home Grant
Group Home Grants will provide tickets to the Rockin’ for Recovery event on June 4th - CLICK FOR DETAILS
- Meal and Beverage ticket for each guest
- Transportation Cost
All organizations will be required to collect data and submit a full report within 1 week after the event or program completion.
- All information that is shared at the event must be scanned or mailed to SCHC.
- All Event flyers and marketing materials must be shared with SCHC.
- Photos of the event would be useful, but please remember to get a release form signed if you are submitting photos.