DelCARES Mental Health Awareness Mini Grant
What DelCARES aims to do
Using a systems-change, quality improvement approach, DSAMH, partner organizations, and stakeholders will plan, implement, study, and refine approaches for training community-based professionals and military-affiliated families to ensure that Delaware’s communities that are Caring, Aware, Ready, Empathetic, and Safe – DelCARES. DelCARES aims to:
- Increase mental health literacy across communities and improve community-based professionals’ competence in reacting to acute crises and making appropriate referrals (Tier One).
- Create a sustainable, scalable referral protocol that could be used in community spaces across the state (Tier Two).
- Facilitate ongoing professional learning community (PLC) for trained staff (Tier Two).
- Train families and community members to recognize and respond to the needs of veterans and family members in the military (Tier Three).
What will be reviewed:
- Application Process
- Data Collection
DelCARES Grant Timeline
- Pre-Bid Meeting - June 15, 2021
Attend the Pre-Bid Meeting to be eligible to apply for the mini grant.
- Applications Open date - June 20, 2021
Applications Open on June 20th - and will remain opened until August 1, 2021
- Last Day to apply - August 1, 2021
- Last day for Events or Programs - August 15, 2021
All programs and events must be completed by August 15, 2021
- Review of all Grants Application - Ongoing
All grant applications will be reviewed each with the SCHC team weekly. Once approved, you will receive an email with instructions for the next steps. You will need to provide an Invoice, 1099.
- Report - Ongoing
Final Report turned in for DelCARES Mini Grants
- Event or program must include a focus on mental health awareness and local support.
- Must be completed by August 30th.
- All reports must be submitted 1 week after the completion of the event or program.