Collaborative UpdateSUSSEX COUNTY SCHOOLS
Indian River School District, Woodbridge School District and Cape Henlopen School District are gearing up for upcoming trainings in the New Year.
- The FIRST TRAINING will be held on January 14 at 2 pm at the Indian River Education Complex, 31 Hosier Street, Selbyville. This will be a Group Discussion with treatment centers related to Transition Plans for students returning from in patient treatments. Multiple agencies will be represented. This would be a great opportunity to pose specific questions related to transition planning.
- The SECOND TRAINING will be held on January 17 at 8:15–10 am at the George W Carver Conference Room. Mickie Chapman (SOS Therapist, Psychologist, Grief Counselor) will be presenting on helping students and families through loss. Also, a college student will share their mental health journey. This training will be held at Indian River Education Complex, 31 Hosier Street, Selbyville, DE.
- The THIRD TRAINING will be held on February 1 from 8:15 am–3 pm at the Millsboro Middle School Auditorium. Training scheduled with Dr. Kathryn Seifert will focus on a Whole Team Approach to helping students.
- The FOURTH TRAINING will be held on February 21 at 2 pm at George W. Carver Conference Room. Dr. Deborah Miller (SOS Therapist, Lighthouse Counseling therapist) will present on Cyber Warfare, and how to help students and families deal with online bullying, predators, etc.
- The FIFTH TRAINING will be held on April 5 from 8:15 am–12 pm at Millsboro Middle School. Dr. Julius Mullen will present on the topic of Trauma Informed Care.
The Sussex County Health Coalition is thrilled to provide translation devices to all School Districts in our School Based Mental Health Collaborative based on the success of the pilot held at IRSD.